We all want smart employees. Scientists, IT professionals, Engineers, Managers. It is a war for talent that must be won. But do we really know what to do once we hire them? And do we manage in a way that actualizes their talents and retains the gifted employees?
Often smart employees apparently seem to come with a whole host of annoying, disturbing and exasperating traits. These perceived negative qualities often come from not understanding the qualities and components that make up the package that comes with giftedness.
Though we know they are brilliant and required to compete in today’s market they also can seem:
Low self esteem
Most people do not understand “what comes with the package” of giftedness. Consequently motives and behaviors of gifted employees are misunderstood and responses of managers are often counterproductive.
This workshop unravels the mysteries of understanding and managing gifted employees. The workshop will give you tools and diagnostics to better understand and make better choices about how keep your brightest people satisfied and productive while keeping your sanity
What Particpants Will Learn
- The high correlation between perfectionism & giftedness. How perfectionism negatively effects work product & makes acknowledging gifted employees so difficult.
- A diagnostic for how to quickly identify the two major learning styles of gifted employees & how to manage the differences, conflict, & confusion generated by the differences.
- To understand the apparent emotional fragility of gifted employees - why they are so easily, hurt, disappointed & frustrated.
- How to manage what seems to be constant upset & disappointment with “the organization” & its' ethics.
- How to assist employees with what seems to be unrealistic expectations of other employees, projects, management & even themselves.
- Why gifted employees seem so high maintenance & what to do about it.
The purpose of the course is to give individuals the skills and understanding to successfully manage and retain gifted employees.
Recommended Pre-requisite: Productive Relationships©